So I made dinner the other night and basically made it Mexican night. Mexican night consisted of tacos and nachos. And tacos are the normal thing but the thing I want to share with the world is the nachos. I got this idea from the night of my 21st birthday where I bought Noah these from TGI Fridays in payment of being our DD. My version of this is slightly different then the ones at TGI Friday’s in the fact that I added color… at least from my memory that is.
• Refried Beans
• 1 Roma Tomato
• Ice Burg Lettuce
• Red Onion - the type isn’t really that important, I just used red onions
• Sour Cream
- Place tostado shells on a plate. Warm the refried beans to loosen them up a little and to add some warmth for later.
- Spread the refried beans across the tostado shell, the more of the shell covered the better. Cover the beans with as much cheese as desired and stick in the microwave. Heat until the cheese is melted.
- Cut the tostadas in half.
- Cut the tomatoes, onion, and lettuce then spread them about the tostado shell and enjoy.
The sour cream and guacamole are used as garnishes and are optional. All we did for the guacamole was cut up avocados and add salt, pepper, and lime juice to taste.